Before we hit the ground running in 2022, let’s take a look back at all that God has done in 2021 through Converge MidAmerica | Southeast | Caribbean! We are beyond thankful for the miraculous ways He has worked in the hearts of His people the past year, even in the midst of navigating all the uncertainty surrounding the pandemic.
Here are just a few of the highlights:
- At Next Steps Orlando and Chicago, many pastors, church planters, and leaders came together to learn about outreach, missions, church systems, leadership development, and more. The relationships and meaningful conversations that came out of these events will last far past 2021.
- At Connect 2021, hundreds gathered in three locations around the globe in Geneva, IL; Orlando, FL; and Haiti for our tri-annual meeting. We experienced what God can do when we show up, advance on our knees, strive towards unity, grow in generosity, and realize that we are better together.
- In July 2021, our African American pastors and their wives gathered in Detroit for a time of fellowship and teaching. Pastors came away refreshed, supported, and encouraged from their time together. We hope to have more of these gatherings in 2022!
- Our monthly virtual prayer gatherings were a powerful time of fellowship with our Father and each other. Converge MidAmerica | Southeast | Caribbean is nothing without the foundation of prayer.
- Converge churches came together to provide hurricane relief in the Caribbean and tornado relief in Kentucky. In the Caribbean, churches established a hurricane relief fund that supplied food, shelter, and medical help, and they rebuilt houses and churches. A similar fund was also used for food, shelter, medical help, and other needs due to the recent devastating tornado in Kentucky. This most recent fund exceeded our giving expectations and raised $27,719! Wow! It was encouraging to see so many churches step in and be the hands and feet of Jesus in so many ways this past year.
- Finally, our year-end giving campaign for the Minister’s Assistance Program went above and beyond what we ever imagined—you all gave $22,105 towards pastors and their families’ healing through counseling in 2022. A generous donor matched $20,000 of that total as well! Thank you for your generosity! God did more than we could have ever asked or imagined, and He did it through you.
We are trusting and believing that God will continue to do beyond all that we can ask, think, or imagine in 2022. We can’t wait to see how He will accomplish His purpose, and we pray that He will use all of us to share His hope and love in our churches and beyond!